Thursday 26 April 2007

LIFE'S A BITCH AND THEN YOU DIE - NOT JUST YET THOUGH THANKS

Well the postman delivered a letter this morning. No big deal, except it was from the doctor’s surgery. Would I arrange for more blood tests as my Potassium and ALT were raised. Well! Don’t that make a change from other problems? Bring them all on! You know – total organ failure! Why not?

Anyway, went to arrange the blood tests and the receptionist arranged for me to ask one of the doctors about my results. Dr. Willott, that’s his name, said the Potassium was not that high above normal, but the ALT was twice the upper limit of normal. Potassium can be high for a number of reasons, including kidney problems and haemolysis of your red cells. That can happen in leukaemia – just praying it’s not that. ALT is a liver enzyme, and can be connected to liver problems including cirrhosis, (don’t drink and never have), and other things I do not intend to contemplate. My white count was up too – not that much, but a bit high to be in normal range of variation – 21,900. Could be from the drugs I take for arthritis. Could be someone’s God punishing me for sins past or even the sins of my father - what a lovely God these people have – so loving and caring.

More waiting – blood tests Thursday – results early next week. And please don’t tell me they’ll all be fine because nobody knows, least of all me, even if they are my chemicals and rampaging white cells. I’m hoping it’s all a small bump on the road of life, but not getting too excited. Too many bloody bumps on my stretch of road. And anyone tells me it’s all part of getting old! Well, I shall probably find your address, creep round after dark and put a bat up your nightie, or pyjama bottoms, or whatever else you wear to sleep undisturbed at night. You don’t wear anything? OK – I’ll put it under the sheets while you’re asleep.

Talking about sins and Gods – where do these people get their ideas from? How can they accept blindly the contradiction between a God of love and the vengeful old bugger they speak of with the next breath? And who, apart from a mentally deranged father, would have kids just for the joy of punishing them?

OK, the original 10 commandments aren’t too bad, although I doubt there’ll be anyone in heaven from today’s society – least of all many of the priests, vicars, imams and rabbis; but take a look at the 21st century list! In fact, all of us will be in hell based on the beliefs of different groups. All non-Moslems according to Moslems – Moslems according to non-Moslems – non-Jews according to Jews – non-Christians according to Christians. And are there different hells for each religion? Who wants to go to a Moslem heaven anyway if it’s filled with suicide bombers basking in the love of their God?

It’s all very confusing, and I’m confused enough right now with my own problems.

See ya

No comments: